Six-Week Course on Managing Stress to Get Underway in Co. Wexford
Taking place over six consecutive Tuesday evenings from 7.30 to 9p.m. in the Horse and Hound in Ballinaboola, ‘Stress Control’ is a multi-session evening class for adults and commences on Tuesday, April 25th. The weekly sessions are free, however, participants are asked to contribute €10 at the first session to cover course materials.
Each week a different topic will be explored and participants will learn new coping skills and techniques. The weekly topics include:
- Session 1: Learning about stress
- Session 2: Controlling your body
- Session 3: Controlling your thoughts – cognitive therapy
- Session 4: Controlling your actions – behaviour therapy
- Session 5: Controlling panic
- Session 6: Controlling sleeping problems and controlling the future
‘Stress Control’ was devised by Jim White, a clinical psychologist in Glasgow, to help the large number of people who complained of stress and who were keen to learn how to tackle their problems themselves.
A limited number of places are available for the Ballinaboola course. The closing date for registration is Tuesday, April 18th. If you would like to sign up for the Stress Control course, contact FDYS Wexford, between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday on 053 91 23262.