GROW 2014 National Weekend and AGM
The GROW National Weekend and AGM is being held this year in the Clayton Hotel, Galway, from 26-28th September. Booking forms (for GROWers only) have been circulated to GROW offices nationwide. The theme for the weekend is Stigma – Real and Imaginary. The packed draft agenda (which is subject to change) is listed below.
As per last year, the AGM will take place on Friday evening and this is an important opportunity for GROW “company members” to have their say in how the organisation is run. There are currently about 100 GROW company members comprising mainly seasoned GROWers. All GROW members attending the weekend are welcome and encouraged to attend the AGM, but only company members can vote on resolutions etc.
- 4pm Registration.
- 5pm AGM.
- 7pm Supper.
- 8pm Opening Address.
- 8:30pm Relaxation/Fun Quiz.
- 10am Testimonies from Western Region and talk by Poet Rita Ann Higgins.
- 11:15am Tea/coffee.
- 11:30am Guest speaker – Dil Wickremasinghe (Global Village Show, Newstalk 106-108 FM).
- 1pm Lunch.
- 1.30pm Trip to Salthill.
- 3pm Workshops – Derry O’Malley & Fiona Kennedy (See Change ambassador and Sunny Spells and Scattered Showers blogger ).
- 5pm Holy Mary Play (directed by Jayne O’Sullivan).
- 7pm Mass.
- 8pm Dinner, followed by Social Event.
- 10am Testimony from the Mid West Region.
- 10:45am Guest speaker – Michael Ryan (Advancing Recovery in Ireland).
- 12pm Close/Feedback /Evaluations.
- 1pm Lunch and Farewell
Around 220 attended the 2013 National Weekend, so we hope for an ever better turnout this year. For many GROWers, this is the highlight of the year and for some, the only opportunity they might have to get away for a few nights.