Why Support Us
One in four people in Ireland will experience some kind of psychological or emotional distress in the course of this year. According to the World Health Organisation Ireland has the seventh highest rate of suicide in people in the EU in the 15-24 age group. By supporting us you are helping these people directly and securing the future of vital work, namely the delivery of GROW in Ireland’s Programme of Recovery and the promotion of better mental health awareness within your community. Raising money to continue this work is one of our greatest challenges.Find out more about GROW fundraising
Grow hold regular meetings throughout Ireland. Please select a region below to find your nearest meeting or find meetings on Google Maps.
- Maintain our existing support groups within your community
- Set up new groups
- Keep our Infoline running, a confidential first point of contact which provides vital information and follow on contacts to the general public
- Expand our “Leadership Programme” which teaches sufferers how to take control of their lives and to assist others
- Roll out our nationwide programme – “Your Mental Health and Caring for it” – which brings free night classes to communities nationwide on mental health awareness. Last year we ran twenty such five week programmes in communities all over Ireland
- Work out how much time you have to commit to fundraising
- Choose something based on your interests that you’ll enjoy
- Pick a manageable amount that you’ll attempt to raise
- Think about who you can you get involved and how to interest them
Your Support Will Help Us To
There is a whole range of ways you can fundraise to make a difference to people affected by mental health problems. You might want to take part in an existing event like a Mini Marathon, Full Marathon, run, cycle or else organise an event of your own choosing. If you want to give it a go you should:
Sign Up as a Volunteer
GROW in Ireland has a strong network of volunteers across the country who play a huge role in providing support and backing up the work of paid staff. Our volunteers fundraise, organise events, lend their professional expertise or help supporting groups within their area. Their time and effort is critical to our work.
GROW in Ireland welcomes volunteers and always aims to match their skills and abilities to available opportunities.
We appreciate your interest in volunteering with us. However we are currently only recruiting volunteers who have experience in fundraising.