ESSENTIALS FOR THE JOURNEY
Three Convictions (to steady our thinking and keep our minds set on the way of growth).
- I am never on my own. A Greater Power can help me. Trustworthy and friendly help is always available to me through community. All I have to do is cooperate.
- I can compel my muscles and limbs to act rightly in spite of my feelings.
- My feelings will get better as my habits of thinking and acting get better.
Five Determinations (to steady our behaviour and keep our wills set on the way of growth).
- I will go by what I know and not by how I feel.
- I will learn more and understand better how to live my life.
- I will live one day at a time.
- I will accept setbacks and faults as normal on the journey to mental health and wellbeing.
- I will challenge my disturbing feelings and thoughts and gradually overcome them with help.