“The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide.”
HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU ARE RECOVERING?
1. You are coping well and feel basically secure and contented.
2. You are friendly and co-operative with those around you.
3. You now mainly depend on your own resources and habits of personal maturity – understanding, acceptance, confidence, control and love, not the doctor, nor the pills nor even your Grow group.
4. The old irrational feelings may return from time to time but they don’t change your thinking or your behaviour. 5. You no longer fear another breakdown. You no longer have any great sense of stigma. You may even be glad you had a breakdown as it turned out to be a breakthrough to better and happier living.
6. You find that your expanded mental outlook, the quality of your friendships and your deepened spiritual life have made you a new person.