“If you don’t live the way you think is right, you will end up thinking the way you are living is right”
GROW WISDOMS – Understanding (Self-knowledge)
- If we work towards building our character this can help us to live in the right way for us
- Listen to our instant, being bullied by others we may begin to think what they say about us is true, learning to listening to our true self, our instant that tells us we are valuable, we can change, and find better ways of living that are healthier for us.
- If we are only chasing good feelings, we may never find balance in our lives, to live in balance, accepting the good with the bad this can help us find a healthier way of living.
- Confidence is not a feeling, it’s an attitude of mind, this is another wisdom from the Grow program and by working on our confidence we can confidently take steps towards positive chance in our lives.
- It takes courage to change, a journey of a thousand miles begins with just one step – page 1 – Blue Book. Just begin with one step in the right direction.
- We may have developed bad habits and unhealthy ways of thinking and living, but it is possible to work on developing healthier habits and make change in our lives
- When we are in the woods we sometimes cannot see the trees, this saying reminds us to change our view, challenge ourselves to try new things, meet new people ,be in different environments and listen to other opinions and perspectives, if we don’t we may not be able to see as clearly that how we are living is doing us harm
- Finding our voice, being assertive and being able to ask for what we need, this can help us build confidence, develop better communication skills and know that what we have to say is valuable
- It’s okay to have a bad day, resume quickly and without fuss if you have a set back
- You alone can do it, but you cannot do it alone – work together with your Grow group on developing healthier living habits, finding confidence, building character, finding our voice and Growing together towards a better and healthier way of life, you alone can do it, but you don’t have to do it alone.
These tips/wisdoms were given by GROW members
who took part in our Wednesday evening July 1st meeting.
Louise Carroll – Area Coordinator.